Hearty Furniture experience a nightmare!

Burlington, Ontario 1 comment

I bought an 8' long solid maple entertainment unit in October with a deposit of a little over $700. The expected delivery date was the week before Christmas.

Fast forward five months. To date, delivery has been delayed for many reasons. I have had multiple problems with the finish on the piece (missed spots, finger prints and brush bristles clearly visible in the finish). There were also glaringly obvious nicks and dents on the surface. Each time, in good faith, I worked with the owner to give her a chance to resolve my complaints. Just before Easter arrangements were made for delivery. The owner and her delivery men pulled up on my street with the delivery van. The owner approached me and refused delivery because there are stairs leading up to my front door. These would be the same stairs that I had to use to move myself and my furniture into the house. They are also the same stairs that a competing furniture store used to deliver two solid wood bedroom sets along with a buffet and hutch.

After five months of giving this company chances to get it right I was "too bad for me" by the owner. Naturally I demanded a refund, which was refused. I confronted the owner back at her store, but she went about her business like I didn't exist. While there I had a chance to inspect the piece I ordered...still defective!

I am taking action!

Comments

Old Hickory, Tennessee, United States #9142

thanks for posting -- we were looking for a place get our solid wood furniture -- we will skip this place sicne we saw your post. Hope it all works our for you